Lakme Sunscreen SPF 50 Product Description
Lakme sunscreen cream is the only sunscreen that claims to offer a guaranteed 97% skin protection from harmful UV rays of the Sun. It is now back in the market with broad-spectrum protection, SPF 50 PA+++, and a much-improved formulation. Moreover, it is a high-performance sunscreen that readily blocks up to 97% of dangerous UVB Sun rays. However, the best thing about this product is that its ultra-mate texture smoothly glides effortlessly on the applicant’s skin and seeps down the skin’s pores quickly. Also, it is transparent so it barely feels like anyone is wearing anything on the skin.
- Demineralized Water
- Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid
- Disodium Phenyl Dibenzimidazole Tetrasulfonate
- Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate
- Sodium Hydroxide
- Xanthan Gum
- Polysorbate 20
- Dimethicone Crosspolymer
- Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer
- Menthyl Lactate
- Propynyl Butyl Carbamate
- Disodium EDTA
- Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate
- Vitamin E Acetate
- Butylphenyl Methylpropional
- Hexyl Cinnamal
- Benzyl Salicylate
Significant Features of Lakme Sunscreen for Oily and Dry Skin
- Dermatologically tested and approved
- Matte finish and natural tone
- Broad Spectrum UV protection
- Provides extra skin coverage
- Easily blend on the skin
- Possesses a non-greasy formula that reduces skin oiliness
- Suitable for all skin types
- Ensures a shine-free, clean and light feel
- Keep your skin oil-free and feel fresh
- PA+++ perfectly shields the skin from harmful UVA rays
- Lightweight sunscreen with mineral clay feature for superior oil control
- Has many vitamin-rich ingredients such as lemon grass and cucumber to correct previous skin blemishes
- Its regular use improves skin tone and texture
- Above all, it presents an even-toned look that is ideal for everyday use.
Other Product Details
Similar to Lakme Sunscreen SPF 30 or any other BB cream, this new tinted formulation product typically comes in beige, but it does not give such coverage. It is usually available in the market in one universal shade. That is why it perfectly suits all skin types and gets mixed well on everyone’s skin without leaving behind a white cast.
It is a cream-based tinted sunscreen. Although it looks pretty creamy but is very lightweight on application. Moreover, the thickness of Lakme cream is not thick nor runny, in fact, it is somehow in between.
This Lakme Sunscreen has a very unique and mild smell. And the best thing about its smell is that it is gone after some time of application. It is especially the best feature for individuals who typically do not like scented skincare products or those with sensitive noses.
The new tinted Lakme Sunscreen SPF 50 typically comes in tube packaging. In appearance, the half-front portion of the tube is beige, while the remaining tube is bright yellow. This generally indicates that this product is tinted. Moreover, the tube of this Lakme lotion has a flip-open cap for easy use. Also, all its essential product-related information is imprinted on its back side.
Lakme Sunscreen Price
It is available in the market in two sizes with varying prices:
50g – MRP 300/-
Its shelf life is almost three years from the date of its manufacturing.
How to Apply Lakme Sunscreen SPF 50?
First of all, wash your hands, and take a coin-sized amount of sunscreen on your palm.
Then dot the taken sunscreen on your whole face, neck, and hands using your fingers. Remember, always apply sunscreen next to cleansing your face.
Then blend the applied sunscreen in an upward stroke with the help of your fingertips.
Reapply your favorite sunscreen for effective sun protection after every 3-4 hours.
Sun Care Tips
Always apply Lakme Sunscreen SPF 30 at least 20 to 30 minutes before you step out of the house.
- Keep the product handy in your personal bag so that you can reapply it anywhere after every 2-3 hours.
- Try to wear Lakme Sunscreen every day in all seasons.
- Always check out the PA and SPF value of sunscreen before buying.
- Buy sunscreen according to your skin type and r exposure to Sun rays.
Pros and Cons
Lakme Sunscreen SPF 50 Benefits
- It acts as an excellent Sun protection cream
- Has a pleasant smell
- Consistency is neither too runny nor thick
- Get absorbed into the skin quickly
- Gives a much-hydrated feel to the skin
- Does not make you sweat
- Gives an exceptional cooling effect
- Contains natural ingredients such as lemon grass extracts and cucumber
- Its price is very reasonable
- It is suitable for all skin types
- Sometimes, it leaves s slight natural shine so people loving a completely matte look usually don’t buy it.
- Does not give instant fairness and marks lightning results as claimed.
My Actual Experience
Whenever I go out for some time under the bright shining Sun, I feel like my facial skin becomes slightly darker than regular. But after using Lakme Sunscreen SPF 50, I begin to feel the clear difference in my skin’s tone maintenance and betterment in texture.
Similar to Lakme Sun expert compact powder, this Lakme cream has a universal shade and tone that perfectly blends with almost all skin types. However, for a complete no-application look, you have to wait for some time. But after some time of application, it feels and looks a little bit ashy.
However, Lakme company claims that this Lakme sunscreen lotion will give everyone an ultra-matte finish. But actually, I found out that it gives a dewy finish instead.
In my opinion, New Lakme sunscreen for oily and dry skin is much better. Regular Lakme products somehow make the skin feel a bit oily, especially in the T-zone region of the face.
If you feel the same as me, follow a pro tip of mine. I usually settle this sunscreen with the help of a face powder. Overall, this Lakme sunscreen cream is great for all seasons, especially winters.